The Pinetum is an historic Victorian hunting lodge well off the beaten track situated in 13 acres of beautiful woodland garden in the Gloucestershire countryside, (a pinetum) planted by Thomas Gambier Parry in 1844. Only four miles West of Gloucester, surrounded by a 500 acre RSPB reserve and high above the Severn Vale, it affords spectacular views across the valley to the rolling Cotswold hills. It is situated within easy reach of the Forest of Dean to the West, and Tewkesbury and Gloucester to the East. There are several woodland walks that start from the Lodge, as well as those within the neighbouring Highnam Wood.
AIRBNB NEW FOR 2017!
Pinetum Lodge is available for hire. The Lodge is the ideal location for magical family gatherings, to be tucked away for fun with a group of friends, or to provide an elegant setting for corporate meetings. The property can accommodate up to 11 people – not counting dogs who are very welcome.
In Winter, enjoy open fires combined with an oil fuelled AGA and central heating for a cosy retreat. The property copes well with catering for large groups with a family kitchen and very large living room, ample seating, crockery, cutlery as well as space to escape from the crowd should you so wish!
In summer, the gardens and surrounding woodlands really come to life and groups can also make use of the patio area and outdoor swimming pool (heated from June – October). The property can be hired for minimum 2 night stays or longer. Please contact by telephone to make arrangements initially, we will then confirm in writing by email. Prices will be discussed when we know numbers and dates.
Cedar Barn is available for £150 for 2 nights
Log Cabin is available for £195 for 2/3 nights
For all booking enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: There will be a non-returnable deposit required on booking and the remaining fee is payable ten days prior to arrival.
In summary, the property benefits from
- 11 beds, which can be arranged in various combinations of singles and doubles but are generally set up as: four double rooms (3 ensuite), one single and one twin. (Note: this means the properties can sleep 15 in combination if the two cabins are available)
- A large family kitchen with AGA and central table for cosy breakfasts
- A sitting room with central dining table and open fires at either end
- Swimming pool (June – October, weather permitted)
- Beautiful gardens, patio and woodland walks